These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 7. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
1 Information About Us
- 1.1We operate the website www.jkhousetrainingcentre.co.uk. We are JK House Training Centre, with our registered office at Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 1.2Contacting us: (a) To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 8, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to contact us via our website, stated above. If you are emailing us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us.
- (b)If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01392 965365 or by e-mailing via the website stated above.
- (c)If we must contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
2 Our Products
- 2.1The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- 2.2The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- 2.3We try to get Product descriptions, pricing, and specifications right, but specifications may change, and we reserve the right to withdraw or substitute items if necessary. Products are subject to availability, while stocks last and may be available in selected stores only.
3 Use of Our Site
Your use of our site is governed by our Terms of website use and Website Acceptable Use Policy. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
4 How We Use Your Personal Information
5 Age Restrictions
- 5.1If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 16 years old.
- 5.2Certain Products on our site can only be purchased if you satisfy the legal age requirement of 18 for that product. We are not allowed by law to supply these Products to you if you do not satisfy these age requirements. If you are underage, please do not attempt to order these Products through our site. Any items marked as ‘Age Restricted Item. Please refer to Terms & Conditions*’ are not for sale to people under the age of 18. By placing an order for these products, you declare that you are 18 years of age or older. These items must be used responsibly and appropriately.
6 How the Contract Is Formed Between You and Us
- 6.1Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- 6.2After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 6.3.
- 6.3Our acceptance of your order will take place when we e-mail you with confirmation that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation. Products are subject to availability, and sometimes they may go out of stock before your order has been processed. If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 11.3, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process that part of your order which deals with the Product. If you have already paid for the Product, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible, in the case of an Order with multiple Products we will refund only that element of the order which relates to the price of the Product and we will not refund the delivery costs. Each order made will be charged separately. If only part of your order is available, we will only dispatch the items that are in stock and cancel the out-of-stock items.
7 Our Right to Vary These Terms
- 7.1We amend these Terms from time to time.
- 7.2Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- 7.3We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order from time to time to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- 7.4If we must revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
8 Your Right of Return and Refund
- 8.1If you are a consumer and purchase items online, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below in clause 8.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- 8.2However, for reasons of health, hygiene, safety and copyright, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of: (a) Hats, hair accessories, blankets, quilts, duvets, DVD’s (in original packaging with any security seals still intact), underwear (unless the hygiene strips and tags are still in place), control wear and swimwear (unless the hygiene strips and tags are still in place).
- (b)sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, once these Products are unsealed after you receive them. (c) any Products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- 8.3Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
- 8.4To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to contact via the website contact us page or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on 01932 965365. If you are e-mailing us or writing to us, please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
- 8.5If you cancel your Contract we will: (a) refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
- (b)refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method). For example, if we offer delivery of a Product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the Product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- (c)make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below: (i) if you have received the Product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 working days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 8.8;
- (ii)if you have not received the Product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 working days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
- 8.68.6 If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 8 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- 8.7We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay, but in the event of a partial refund we reserve the right to issue a cheque to you. If the card you used to pay with expires before the refund is made please call us to give us your new card details.
- 8.8If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract: (a) then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You can send it back.
- (b)unless the Product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 8.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the Product is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the Product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery. If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection from our usual carrier.
- 8.9Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 8 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- 9.1We will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 30 days after the date you place your order. Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 15 for our responsibilities when this happens. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, where possible our couriers will leave the parcel in a safe place or with a neighbour, if neither of these options are available our courier will leave a card explaining what the next step is in the delivery process.
- 9.2Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect them from us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
- 9.3You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges and the Products have been delivered to you, as set out in clause 9.2 above.
- 9.4Sometimes, one or more of the Products you order may not be available when we pick your order, because the item has gone out of stock, for example. If we are unable to supply you a Product, we shall contact you as set out in clause 6.3 above.
- 9.5If we miss the 30 day delivery deadline for any Products then we may cancel your order straight away and refund you any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery.
- 9.6If you do not wish us to cancel your order straight away, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your order if we do not meet the new deadline following which we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery within 14 working days of your order being cancelled.
- 9.7If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under clause 9.5 or clause 9.6, you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your order, we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery.
- 9.8For all Delivery Options: Each order made will be charged separately. If only part of your order is available, we will only dispatch the items that are in stock and cancel the out-of-stock items. You will not be charged for anything we do not send to you. Our deliveries are made by Royal Mail, please visit the Royal mail website for delivery terms and conditions. Whilst we can deliver to your work address, remember that these orders may take slightly longer to get to you. But be sure we will do everything we can to get it there as soon as possible.
10 No International Delivery
- 10.1If you require international delivery, place your order and we will contact you with a quote for delivery.
11 Price of products and delivery charges
- 11.1The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 11.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered.
- 11.2Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
- 11.3The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- 11.4The price of a Product includes delivery charges.
- 11.5Our site contains many Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered, we will contact you in writing to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
12 How to Pay
- 12.1You can only pay for Products using a debit card, credit card, apple pay or Paypal. We accept the following cards: Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Visa Purchasing, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit and Maestro.
- 12.2Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. When you order Products online and pay by card, we will not charge your debit card or credit card until the earlier of when we dispatch your order or the sixth day after you place your order. If you pay by Paypal we will deduct the funds immediately. For online orders placed in store, payment will be taken at the time the order is placed.
13 Manufacturer Guarantees
- 13.1Some of the Products we sell to you come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the Products.
- 13.2A manufacturer’s guarantee is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
14 Our Liability
- 14.1If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered this contract.
- 14.2We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 14.3We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- (b)fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c)any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- (d)any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- (e)defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
15 Events outside our control
- 15.1We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 15.2.
- 15.2An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control[, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, extreme weather conditions, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- 15.3If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract: (a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- (b)our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- 15.4You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
16 Other Important Terms
- 16.1We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you in writing or by posting on this webpage if this happens.
- 16.2You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing. However, if you are a consumer and you have purchased a Product as a gift, you may transfer the benefit of any guarantee offered with the Product, if there is one, as provided for in clause 13.1, to the recipient of the gift without needing to ask our consent.
- 16.3This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise. However, if you are a consumer, the recipient of your gift of a Product will have the benefit of our warranty, if there is one, at as provided for in clause 13.1, but we and you will not need their consent to cancel or make any changes to these Terms.
- 16.4Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 16.5If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- 16.6Please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- 16.6If you have a complaint, our complaints handling policy is that your complaint is picked up within 24 hours of it being lodged with us and investigated at the appropriate level within our organisation. We offer no guarantees whatsoever in relation to how long it will take to resolve your complaint.
JK House Training Centre reserves the right to amend or withdraw a discount code at any time without notice. JK House Training Centre reserves the right to not accept codes that it considers are invalid, fraudulent, or out of date. All offers are subject to stock availability. To redeem this offer online, enter your code at checkout. Only one voucher may be used per customer online. It cannot be combined with any other discount or offer including goods in the sale. JK House Training Centre reserves the right not to apply discount where it suspects fraudulent use. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases.