IN CONSIDERATION OF the matters described above and of the mutual benefits and obligations set forth in this Agreement, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the Client and the Consultant (individually the "Party" and collectively the "Parties" to this Agreement) agree as follows:
- 1.The Client hereby agrees to engage the Consultant to provide the Client with the following consulting services (the "Services"):
- Services will include analysing Client needs and current business obstacles, identifying projects, scoping potential business solutions, and improving sales by coordinating sales efforts with both inside and field sales representatives. To assist with business development and construction of territory and community.
- 2.The Services will also include any other consulting tasks which the Parties may agree on. The Consultant hereby agrees to provide such Services to the Client.
Term of Agreement
- 3.The term of this Agreement (the "Term") will begin on the date of this Agreement and will remain in full force and effect indefinitely until terminated as provided in this Agreement.
- 4.In the event that either Party wishes to terminate this Agreement, that Party will be required to provide 30 days' written notice to the other Party.
- 5.In the event that either Party breaches a material provision under this Agreement, the non-defaulting Party may terminate this Agreement immediately and require the defaulting Party to indemnify the non-defaulting Party against all reasonable damages.
- 6.This Agreement may be terminated at any time by mutual agreement of the Parties.
- 7.Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the obligations of the Consultant will end upon the termination of this Agreement.
- 8.The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
- 9.Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, all monetary amounts referred to in this Agreement are in GBP.
- 10.The Consultant will charge the Client for the Services at the rate of £35.00 per month (the "Payment").
- 11.A retainer of £17.50 (the "Retainer") is payable by the Client upon execution of this Agreement.
- 12.For the remaining amount, the Client will be invoiced every month.
- 13.Invoices submitted by the Consultant to the Client are due within 30 days of receipt.
- 14.The Payment as stated in this Agreement does not include Value Added Tax. Any Value Added Tax required will be charged to the Client in addition to the Payment.
- 15.The Consultant will be responsible for all income tax liabilities and National Insurance or similar contributions relating to the Payment and the Consultant will indemnify the Client in respect of any such payments required to be made by the Client.
- 16.The Consultant will be solely responsible for the payment of all remuneration and benefits due to the employees of the Consultant, including any National Insurance, income tax and any other form of taxation or social security costs.
- 17.The Consultant will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred in connection with providing the Services of this Agreement.
Interest on late payments
- 18.Interest payable on any overdue amounts under this Agreement is charged at a rate of 4.00% per annum or at the maximum rate enforceable under applicable legislation, whichever is lower.
- 19.Confidential information (the "Confidential Information") refers to any data or information relating to the business of the Client which would reasonably be considered to be proprietary to the Client including, but not limited to, accounting records, business processes, and client records and that is not generally known in the industry of the Client and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
- 20.The Consultant agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Consultant has obtained, except as authorised by the Client or as required by law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the Term and will survive indefinitely upon termination of this Agreement.
- 21.All written and oral information and material disclosed or provided by the Client to the Consultant under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Consultant.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
- 22.All intellectual property and related material (the "Intellectual Property") that is developed or produced under this Agreement, will be the property of the Consultant. The Client is granted a non-exclusive limited-use licence of this Intellectual Property.
- 23.Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Intellectual Property remain exclusively with the Consultant.
Return of Property
- 24.Upon the expiry or termination of this Agreement, the Consultant will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
Capacity/ Independent Contractor
- 25.In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Consultant is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Consultant and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract
Right of substitution
- 26.Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Consultant may, at the Consultant's absolute discretion, engage a third party sub-contractor to perform some or all of the obligations of the Consultant under this Agreement and the Client will not hire or engage any third parties to assist with the provision of the Services.
- 27.In the event that the Consultant hires a sub-contractor:
- the Consultant will pay the sub-contractor for its services and the Compensation will remain payable by the Client to the Consultant.
- for the purposes of the indemnification clause of this Agreement, the sub-contractor is an agent of the Consultant.
- 28.Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Consultant will have full control over working time, methods, and decision making in relation to provision of the Services in accordance with the Agreement. The Consultant will work autonomously and not at the direction of the Client. However, the Consultant will be responsive to the reasonable needs and concerns of the Client.
- 29.Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Consultant will provide at the Consultant’s own expense, any and all equipment, software, materials and any other supplies necessary to deliver the Services in accordance with the Agreement.
- 30.The Parties acknowledge that this Agreement is non-exclusive and that either Party will be free, during and after the Term, to engage or contract with third parties for the provision of services similar to the Services.
- 31.All notices, requests, demands or other communications required or permitted by the terms of this Agreement will be given in writing and delivered to the Parties at the following addresses:
or to such other address as either Party may from time to time notify the other.
- 32.Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective directors, shareholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective directors, shareholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
- 33.A minimum term of 6 months from first payment must be served. Cancelation of the contract before the 6 months will result in the full term being charged.
- 34.After the initial 6 months then the contract will go to a monthly rolling contract.
- 35.If the client is found in gross misconduct within professional or social life then the contract can be terminated by JK House and the remaining balance of any outstanding work will be charged.
Modification of Agreement
- 36.Any amendment or modification of this Agreement or additional obligation assumed by either Party in connection with this Agreement will only be binding if evidenced in writing signed by each Party or an authorised representative of each Party.
Time of the Essence
- 37.Time is of the essence in this Agreement. No extension or variation of this Agreement will operate as a waiver of this provision.
- 38.The Consultant will not voluntarily, or by operation of law, assign or otherwise transfer its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Client.
- 39.It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
- 40.This Agreement will enure to the benefit of and be binding on the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and permitted successors and assigns.
- 41.Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
- 42.Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
- 43.This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- 44.In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
- 45.The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Parties have duly affixed their signatures under hand and seal on this day of , .